What good is life here in Singapore if we are alone? We may have everything but at the end of the day we are lying alone in our room – that is just sad and unacceptable. Life should be shared with someone we love and that is the beginning of happiness.
They say that happiness is a choice but sometimes we need guides to help us realize it. It is not easy living with another person but it can be a happy and easy experience if we consider little help. The good news is that there are many ways to maintain a great relationship with our partner. It is just a matter of experimenting and executing it.
Here are some guides that we can consider:
- Pretend that you just met: If we pretend that we just met, things will be fresher every time. We have to spend some time pretending that we just met and just started dating. According to Terri Orbuch, couples stop sharing things because they assume that they already know and understand each other.
- Nurture the relationships around you: According to a study conducted by Rose McDermott, the relationship of the people around us can influence our relationship. We may build a strong foundation but if we see the relationships of people we know crumbling down, odds of separating are 75%.
- Feminism: Women with feminist male partner have quality relationship. This is according to experts at Rutgers University. Experts believe that feminist male partner provides relationship stability.
- Remain a power couple: Relationships are doomed to fail if the other partner is successful and the other is not comfortable with it. According to Carnegie Mellon University, 63% of one-sided success can put strain to relationship. It is important to remain a power couple – both should encourage and celebrate each other’s successes no matter how little they are.
- Control the booze: Booze can influence the relationship. Studies suggest that adults who drink often are not likely to wed or at the risk of early separation. With this, we have to keep our drinking at bay.
- Support: According to the Journal of Family Psychology, when husbands marry attractive wives, husbands will likely step up their game. However, if the husbands are better-looking than their wives, husbands will not take part in helping their wives to realize their goals. In this regard, it is important that regardless of the physical attributes, couples need to support each other.
At the end of the day, there is really no recipe for happiness. Everything is our doing. The things mentioned above are just some guides – it is up to us to follow or shun it. Let us do our best to nurture our relationships and let us keep the fire burning!