Travelling is not perfect. There will come a time that you will make mistakes but the important thing here is you learned your lesson and make a conscious effort to stop committing it again. Sometimes these mistakes will financially blow you but you should never lose faith in travelling and everything it offers.
Whether you are a seasoned traveller or just new, you have to remember travel don’ts so you won’t end up getting thrashed by locals. Here are some travel don’ts that you should be aware:
- Do not dress improperly: Coming from Singapore, you just wear whatever pleases you whether it is short shorts or scanty tank tops. However if you are going somewhere particularly in the Middle East or other parts with strict religious views, you have to be careful of what you wear. The next time you bare some cleavage, you have to think twice or you might get penalized. Research first before packing. Then about that jewellery, you do not want to catch the attention of robbers or thieves so leave it at home.
- Do not eat near landmarks: If you want to save more, eat as far as tourist sports or landmarks because prices tend to get high there. Actually if you are patient enough, walk few more blocks and there you will see equally good foods but are cheaper.
- Do not over pack: When you travel, you tend to be excited and get overwhelmed that is why you tend to overdo your packing. Guess what? There is a chance that you will only use half of it. You should seriously consider travelling light because it is for your own good at the end of the day. There are principles that you should remember whenever you are packing – leave your luxuries at home, do not bring your whole wardrobe and remember that you can buy anything you forgot.
- Do not change money at airports: Some just change their money at airports thinking that they have the best rates in town. This is where you are wrong. You can either find a local money changer or if it cannot be helped, just small amount first.
- Do not be afraid: It is normal to be afraid especially if you are alone but if you just let yourself be that way the whole duration of the trip, you will not have any moments of peace. You will not enjoy and that is how you will forfeit your journey.