As an employer, have you imagined one of your trustworthy employees, with undetected hypertension, slowly develops damages in his major body organs, which lead to serious heart attack? Then after the cardiovascular attack, it required the employee for prolonged hospitalization, surgical treatment, and intensive medical attention, which, therefore, incapacitate him from working for your company? Now, imagine the opposite. What if the high blood pressure was detected early through corporate health screening? It would have made a significant change, and your best employee would have got to maintain his good health, as well as saving you from medical claims and productivity loss.
Aside from allowing your employees to be knowledgeable of their current health status, worksite health screenings are economical and an advance method of improving your employees’ health. This could be especially helpful to employees with higher risks of acquiring serious diseases who seldom or do not visit a personal physician at all. Corporate screenings that provide Asiamedic health screening packages in Singapore can identify the kinds of risk employees have, and the healthcare provider can provide counseling to individuals about their unfavorable lifestyle choices and help cope up by offering opportunities on how to save their wellbeing.
Furthermore, as the head of the company, you can help develop a good lifestyle to your employees by planning worksite health programs based from the group’s overall health status result. Through the worksite health program, health risks are prevented from getting worse as well as keeping your company’s productivity at its best.
Corporate health screening is a health method used by many Singapore companies to lower health benefit expenses to offer to the employees. A successful screening brings value to you and your employees beyond immediate identification of potentially fatal but totally treatable diseases.
Corporate Health Screening Package
Most Singapore worksite screenings are limited to several tests that are proven to be effective in detecting illnesses for which early identification makes a great difference. These tests should also be appropriate and practical in the worksite environment. Most health screening packages that companies offer to their good employees are the following:
- Cholesterol — the cholesterol test is performed through getting a blood sample by quickly pricking a finger. The sample blood is examined and result is provided immediately.
- Blood sugar — like the cholesterol test, blood sugar level can also be measured with a quick finger prick and immediately provides detection whether a person is diabetic or not. Though fasting gives more accurate result than random measurement, it’s not really necessary.
- Body Mass Index — this test is completed by calculating the height and weight of a person to determine if he’s obese or not.
- Blood pressure — all health screening packages have this test as it is the most important examination that people should undergo. Blood pressure test can detect almost all kinds of heart diseases and alert the person to a very perilous, but treatable, health condition.
- Coaching/Counseling — this is an exit interview with the healthcare provider to help clarify the results of the tests, answer any concerns or questions the employee might have, and provide options and opportunities to a better physical condition.