Everybody, especially the ladies, wants to look good, and usually that means looking slimmer. Luckily, by wearing the right clothes, it’s easier to look thinner without the effort of shedding off some pounds. Scroll through if you want to know how to fashionably dress 10 pounds slimmer.
- Choose Coordinates: Visually lose five pound by wearing matching top and bottom. Or make it look like you lose 10 pounds by having everything in black. If one colour from head to foot seems overwhelming for you, pick a pair of contrasting-coloured shoe.
- Go for Pencil Skirts: The tailored cut of pencil skirts give just the right amount of skimpiness at the waist and hips and even out all the way through, camouflaging the thighs. Its non-skin-tight fitting makes almost all body types look sleek.
- Wear Jeans with Heels: Have you ever wonder why this look is popular to celebs? Because, when done right, it makes any woman look leaner and taller. For the most flattering look, go for bootleg or straight cut jeans that sit just around the hips and cover your instep when wearing heels.
- Don a Long Cardigan: Opt for longer cardigans instead of the waist-length versions. Cardigans that hit the hips or below makes your upper torso look longer and therefore slimmer.
- Slip on the Right Jacket: Hip-length jackets with tailored lines look well-polished and well-fitting. Jackets that are too baggy and doesn’t snuggle your shoulders and body properly are not only figure disasters, but fashion failures as well. Make sure to wear the right jacket to disguise extra curves in the tummy area.
- Mind the Proportion: Full and round silhouettes on both top and bottom will make you look…well, full and round. So, make sure to accentuate the smallest part of your body by matching your fuller pieces with a fitting mate. Balance bootleg pants with fitted tops, a shorty shorts with longer top, etc.
- Cinch the Waist With Wider Belts: Try those stretchy belts that comfortable cinches the waist. Wearing wider belts instead of the skinny ones can actually make your waist look smaller and more defined.
- Wear Sling Back Heels: When going shopping test out a couple of shoe styles in front of the mirror to get the gist of what we mean. Ankle boots and ankle-strap sandals and shoes can make the legs look shorter, while sling backs and scoop-front sandals and pumps lengthen the legs.
By wearing the right clothes, you can accentuate your best asset and camouflage the more problematic parts. While it may take some effort to put together the perfect pieces, it sure is way easier than losing the extra pounds.